Thursday, May 29, 2014

Worm Guard

If you haven't already, you really must clear your calendar and watch everything BJJScout posts on his site.

BUT... his latest series of additions just came to my attention.  And the crowning jewel (for me so far, I haven't watched them all yet) is the breakdown of Keenan Cornelius' new guard, the Worm guard

It's nasty.  Watch it.  Sexy, no?  My idiot bluebelt self concurs this could be a huge development in sport BJJ.

I'm so mad I promised I wouldn't train a whole month.  (I had that injury, April 20.  Was feeling better.  Went out to Seattle which is a "whole nother" story in itself that I promise I'll tell.. anyway I was in Seattle for a week mid-May, and look, how can you go somewhere new with lots of friends who train and not train?  So like a dingdong, I trained 4 days in a row, nothing hard or crazy, but it aggravated things.)  A whole month means June 15...

But I wanna be trying this NOW.  In part because I liked the Scout's breakdown of Michelle Nicolini's shin/spider guard so much I'm trying to make it my own.. and the Worm works with that.  Here's part one of his Nicolini analysis.

4 comments:

J.B. said...

best part of that vid is the first comment on youtube.

Georgette said...

Absolutely ;)

Georgette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...

I'm hearing more and more about worm guard. You've convinced me to finally watch the videos :)