Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Pictures from Turkey Day, thanks to A.J.!!!

Welcome to Thanksgiving 2006 at the Schaefer House, built in the 1870's, family home of Willie Ann and Willie Fred "Ziggedy" Schaefer for over fifty years... now my home!







I put my houseguest from South Carolina, Kevin Pulver, to work setting the table.



Cooking occupied the majority of Wednesday and Thursday both. But that's a big part of the fun for me so I'm not complaining.



Wine and champagne cocktails helped guests keep body and soul together while they waited on the turks.



Dr. and Mrs. Ajay and Elaine Amar, with their sweetie (mitochondri)Yana. (Inside joke, sorry.)



That's twice now, Dr. Amar. It's officially a tradition. If we can get Aven Erdener back next year too, maybe I can do some matchmaking with Yana.



We had some hors d'ouevres while waiting.



Ellen, one of my friends at work, brought a delicious crab appetizer.



She also brought her adorable daughter Zoe, and husband Marcus (an excellent cook!) Marcus made a fantastic pumpkin cheesecake and a pear pie, too.



Here's me, holding Yana. Elaine is sitting on the couch. To the left you see Kevin, to the right you see Jana holding her son Aven.



Jana Erdener with Aven. Isn't he precious? (And she's awful cute herself!)



We had a good time even though the turks took their time.



Meanwhile, Kaan enjoyed a stroll in the backyard with his wife and boy. The weather was a balmy 77 degrees.



My back porch.



Charles Ponzio, another salsero, kills time with Elaine.



Fortunately we didn't have to wait too long. Here's my good friend and fellow scuba diver, Rich Ellmer, giving me a hand with the carving; Mitch is in the background.







Dusk was just setting when we got ready to chow down.



Here's the before shot:



Some during shots:







Thanks A.J. for the pictures-- unfortunately none of you this time. But just wait, in three weeks it's the Christmas Party, so I'll get some of you then!

No comments: