Monday, April 13, 2009

More dyed gis, like Easter eggs in fact....

So here's the peach gi... again much more dayglo orangesicle than I had envisioned... unfortunately I did this to one of my absolute favorite gis, the kids Keiko Raca, so I might have to get another one and leave it the heck alone this time..

Though who am I kidding?? I will still wear the peach to train in. I want to wear the absolute smallest-yet-still-legal gi I have for competition (which would be my F2 Kyra Gracie, magenta) and yet I want to wear the kelly green gi for my sponsor's sake and yet I don't want to always be the "girl in the green gi" either. Who cares, no one watches me at a tournament. Yet.




And here's one of my favorites-- this is Dharma Trading's coral pink. I think this looks sharp! Inevitably, I end up wearing it on the same day one of my training partners wears his red gi, so sassy people ask if we did laundry together...




I still plan on dyeing my Atama Mundial #7 a nice sage green... then need to practice tie dyeing on a pair of pants before I attack the Atama summerweight...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I inadvertently died my gi purple by using too much blue dye. I wore it to class anyway. I was surprised to receive compliments and was starting to feel good about it until one guy told me my gi pants looked like pajamas.

Georgette said...

Just an update: the coral pink faded substantially and now looks like a pinker version of the peach.

I ended up disliking the peach, so I dyed it chocolate brown (see my later posts) and then even later ended up selling it to a girl in the kids' class. The brown color is great and I'm dyeing one of my instructors' gis brown, I just got tired of that particular gi.