Tuesday, November 24, 2009

For those of us who suck at takedowns...

Wow, really enjoyed this post on Cane Prevost's blog The Gentle Art... artfully titled "Standup and Throws- You Suck at Takedowns!"

I liked it because he starts with the assumption that there ARE workarounds for people who suck at takedowns (aside from the usual exhortation to "get better at them! practice them!" which sometimes scares me and my currently-knock-on-wood-fine ACLs... and which the rest of the time I try to do anyways but lately fail at..)

And because it's been a while since I trained in defending against guard pulls, I was pleased to note that my instinctive (and learned, thanks to Randy R) habit of working the angles is the essential first step to defending against guard pullers..

More reading to do!

No comments: