Monday, June 29, 2009

Loving this weather... -4.6

It's that gorgeous, hot, sunny weather that makes watermelon, fried chicken, potato salad and lemonade taste their absolute best... that makes the chlorine-smell of the pool something akin to perfume... that makes you purr as you come out of the freezing-cold movie theater... that simply screams for some Beach Boys or Peter Gabriel on the radio. It's not even July yet but we've been seeing triple-digit temps for a while now and despite the lack of AC (got it, don't use it) at the jits academy, I'm really enjoying the full bloom of an Austin summer.

Happily weight still moving in the right direction though I have a ways to go to reach my goal by August 14. Tonight a local news crew will be filming part of a story on alternative ways to exercise at the academy, so I'll be trotting out my green gi in all its glory. (And as usual, within 5 minutes, the sweat soaking into my pants will make it look like I peed in them. Nice.)

No comments: