Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Missing something...

Did class this morning.. worked on switching between low and posture passing, then avoiding the kimura, then attacking the turtle. Good times though I had to leave a little early to make it to a seminar I'm attending this week.

After a full day of educational, stimulating and entertaining presentations, I went back for more jits. Worked on gripfighting from the back, attacks from the back, back escapes, and then got to be chewtoy for some good friends.

Wish I didn't feel so... wistful. I am missing something. I'm having a twinge of slightly less motivation than my normal ravenous pace. Got some personal issues going on, not really feeling the drive to compete, and the phrase "recreational jits fighter" is ringing in my head. Don't get me wrong, I still live, breathe, eat, sleep, dream jiu jitsu. But there's something out there competing for my passion at the moment, something I can't fully have, and I miss that feeling of fulfillment which I used to find in jits.

3 comments:

A.D. McClish said...

I haven't been doing Jiu-jitsu for very long. But I do know that whatever you have a passion for, you'll go through times of apathy. It will pass! :)

Lynntropy said...

I agree with A.D., don't stress it, it will pass. Enjoy the pseudo-downtime mentally. When it all kicks back in, which it will, you'll relish having had the break. No biggie, comes and goes. ;)

Georgette said...

Yeah, I hear you. But it's not really being burned out on jits, or fatigue. I'm just (temporarily?) also focusing on something/someone else and this feeling of being less-than-wholly-obsessed is weird. It's a good weird today-- picture having X amount of energy, and usually all X of it goes to jits. Then something/someone else comes along that you want to put that energy into-- but you still want/have X for jits. Now you have X+2, say... and it feels weird to have some energy left over that isn't earmarked for jits.