And just now, I've learned that Eben Kaneshiro, 35 year-old head instructor at New Breed in Portland Oregon was arrested yesterday, April 19, and is held on a $500,000 bond on numerous charges of sexual abuse. He has a court date on April 27, 2015. Here's the MMAUnderground thread.
He's got 3 counts of 1st degree sodomy, one of coercion, 3 counts of 1st degree sexual abuse, and one of contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor. Details on those criminal statutes is at the end of the post.
I can't pull up the New Breed Portland website. This article in MMASucka back in 2012 indicates that Eben Kaneshiro is a Kauai native, a BJJ black belt, and that he runs the New Breed academy in Portland as well as Kauai.
This is Eben on the left, in 2009. According to Sherdog, Eben has a 19-12 record in pro MMA.
And here are the statutes he is charged with violating:
§ 163.405 Sodomy in the first degree
(1) A person who engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another person or causes another to engage in deviate sexual intercourse commits the crime of sodomy in the first degree if:
(a) The victim is subjected to forcible compulsion by the actor;
(b) The victim is under 12 years of age;
(c) The victim is under 16 years of age and is the actors brother or sister, of the whole or half blood, the son or daughter of the actor or the son or daughter of the actors spouse; or
(d) The victim is incapable of consent by reason of mental defect, mental incapacitation or physical helplessness.
(2) Sodomy in the first degree is a Class A felony.
(That's up to 20 years in prison.)
(1) A person commits the crime of coercion when the person compels or induces another person to engage in conduct from which the other person has a legal right to abstain, or to abstain from engaging in conduct in which the other person has a legal right to engage, by means of instilling in the other person a fear that, if the other person refrains from the conduct compelled or induced or engages in conduct contrary to the compulsion or inducement, the actor or another will:
(a) Unlawfully cause physical injury to some person;
(b) Unlawfully cause damage to property;
(c) Engage in conduct constituting a crime;. . .
(2) Coercion is a Class C felony.
(That's up to 5 years.)
§ 163.427 Sexual abuse in the first degree
(1) A person commits the crime of sexual abuse in the first degree when that person:
(a) Subjects another person to sexual contact and:
(A) The victim is less than 14 years of age;
(B) The victim is subjected to forcible compulsion by the actor; or
(C) The victim is incapable of consent by reason of being mentally defective, mentally incapacitated or physically helpless; or
(b) Intentionally causes a person under 18 years of age to touch or contact the mouth, anus or sex organs of an animal for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of a person.
(2) Sexual abuse in the first degree is a Class B felony.
(That's up to ten years.)
The last and least of his worries is the delinquency charge which I attribute to a careful, wise prosecutor.
§ 163.435 Contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor
(1) A person 18 years of age or older commits the crime of contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor if:
(a) Being a male, he engages in sexual intercourse with a female under 18 years of age; or
(b) Being a female, she engages in sexual intercourse with a male under 18 years of age; or
(c) The person engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another person under 18 years of age or causes that person to engage in deviate sexual intercourse.
(2) Contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor is a Class A misdemeanor.
I will post as more information becomes available.