Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rolling Tuesday, part 1...

Rolled with Robert today... dammit, as always, triangle city. If it wasn't the triangle, it was the straight arm bar. Attempted some ankle locks, having watched Stephan Kesting's leglock DVD a few times over the last few days, but failed to get anywhere with them. Normally, Chris just flexes his foot so hard, it's like trying to put a lock on a carpenter's right-angle. I got ONE sub in an hour.. my (getting to be) standard Americana from side control, and I know he gives it to me. I am getting more creative in using my legs/feet like hands, but in general I feel like I'm flailing around ineffectually. He tells me I'll kill a girl, but I don't think so. If I did win against a white belt, I think it would be more like accidentally winning after passing up numerous opportunities.

Email to the tournament director asking for the rules, etc. I mean, seriously-- how long are the rounds? what moves are prohibited?

No comments: