Saturday, January 24, 2009

I hate this blog limitation.

I'm so sorry this blog has been, well... ignored for a while. I spent so much time and effort removing and relocating the techniques to the "school only" blog... and now it seems I don't put in the time to blog either the techniques, there, or the ordinary reflections, here. With the split motivation I find I don't have enough to do both. I have actually LOST a lot of the techniques I was taught simply because I haven't blogged in a while. That really pisses me off, because Donald taught some excellent triangle defenses... Richard taught some attacks from north-south... and not to mention the amazing seminar Relson put on.

I'll just ramble a bit and then I need to run... this week was crazy at work, and it got crazier and crazier as the week wore on.

Jits is, thank goodness, my ever-present refuge. I don't mind the constant bloody noses (dry air, allergies, and thin blood vessels) or the tweaked big toe... I just like the mental chess of it all. I'm trying sooooo hard-- to "get it," to see the angles, to keep it all in my head at once, to feel the balance points and find the sweeps that I feel like people are showing me-- their bodies WANT to be swept, I just know it, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet. I love the people there more every day. I haven't yet actually heard a discouraging word, not one. I have been the lucky lucky beneficiary of generosity I wouldn't have dreamed existed... people always taking me under their wings, showing me fun stuff, encouraging me and pushing me forwards. It's truly an amazing world. [Thank you again, Robert and Tom for getting me into it, and especially Richard, Kirk, Randy, Leila, Donald, Dan, Jordan and Scott for keeping me going...]

So, tonight our dinner plans with my friend Maggie fell through, I think due to miscommunication with the restaurant. We're going to Ivelin's to watch the Affliction fights. I made sausage cheese balls, banana bread, and a pasta salad. It's durn cold (40 degrees) considering that yesterday and the day before were in the 80s.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I took a form of JJ for a few years when I was young. Breath and balance with a little leverage. Loads of fun, alot like wrestling and chess in pajamas. Good to see your still exploring Gigi. Stay well, Kel.