Saturday, July 29, 2006

Weekend plans..

I'm sitting on Mitch's couch, soaking both feet in a bucket of hot water and Epsom salts, having just taken my morning maintenance dose of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (aka ibuprofen), and thinking I might be starting to get old. My toes did fine in racquetball yesterday (wish I could say the same about me-- 15-4, 15-7, 15-4, to say nothing of all the cutthroat games where I got 4-8 points to Antonio's 15...)

Then we went to Copa for the salsa class... only 3 guys this time! That's rough to teach, but we snagged some random girl to join us and Mitch followed, so it worked out. The early part of the evening (10-12) was very empty, mellow, and I was almost ready to go because there was no one to dance with. Spent a lot of time talking to one of the students, Jack, and enjoying his interest in the dance. He dances lindy and swing now, but is clearly motivated to add salsa and to do it right. Around midnight, a crew of salseros from San Antonio and Corpus Christi showed up, and by then the club was crowded, hot, and annoying. Used to be all the salseros danced up front near the DJ area, but now it's dance at your own risk because of all the posers who flail around, shoving people and careening from one point to the next like bumpercars. It is much cooler in the back by the bar, so that's where I headed to watch Roy and Sidney. I did get one dance with Roy, but it was a salsera-rich environment for him last night and my tootsies were tired, so Mitch and I left around 1ish. It was nice to see Sharlie and her fiance Pipe (Felipe) out and about, too. I danced with him and enjoyed it.

So today, once I'm done soaking, it's off to do errands-- Sam's, Central Market, Best Buy, Movin' Easy (I have a store credit there and a pair of shoes I wanted to try has come in), and the aquarium store, to return those stupid cichlids Mitch got. Then Bastrop to chill out, and back in Austin tomorrow.

Monday, running and racquetball. Tuesday running. Wed-Sat, San Diego for the AGACL conference. Yay!

No comments: