Friday, February 05, 2010

Come to Jesus...

No, no, no... no religious proselytizing here.

My good friend Lynn sat me down for a 'come to Jesus' last night because I'm not doing what I need to be doing to accomplish a variety of my goals. I do a good job talking, and thinking, and wishing, but lately my action has been lagging.

So officially I'm committing. Decisions and follow-through action, and I know that everything is either taking me towards my goals or away from them. I am cutting myself a little more slack due to this godawful cold-- every deep breath spawns a series of hacking retching coughs-- but as soon as I'm back to normal breathing capacity:

-- Robert's crossfit class, every weekday, at noon. Bar none.

-- Jiu jitsu: the full class (not skipping the warmups, not sitting out rolls) and taking advantage of nogi opportunities as well as gi classes. Ideally seven days a week, but with the petering out of our M/F morning class, my Fridays might be missing out on any training other than crossfit, unless I can scoot from crossfit to 1pm open mat in a reasonable amount of time.

-- Healthy eating: Whole grains, 5 veggies, 2 fruits a day. I don't really have a problem with meat consumption, I only eat it 2-3 times a week as it is. Sugar is a problem. Not sure how to quantify cutting back on that just yet but I will put effort there too.

Hope you have a delightful weekend. UFC, wooooo, what a card, I'm pretty keen on several of those fights. I could care less about the Super Bowl, but for getting to see friends and hang out and enjoy their enjoyment. Good friends in town for a bike race and a debate tournament, too. So all in all, good times, if I can just stop coughing.

Oh, and post-dyeing report: the charcoal Gameness I did for a friend is disturbingly streaky. Bought them a replacement gi, and going to try redyeing. I will post pictures when I get that done.

One more thing... semifinals, European Championships, faixa preta, pesado division... Fabio Gurgel v. Marko Helen. I had to watch it a couple times to tell just wtf he got him with.

4 comments:

Lynntropy said...

Hallelujah. ;-}

And, I plan to put together a climbing rope in my gym-living-room made of gi's (mostly collars, etc) so I'll buy crummy or old or just wrecked used gi's. We can talk offline about that.

Meerkatsu said...

Knee bar using his own legs right?

Georgette said...

That's what *I* thought. And it's been done to me... I'm always entertained by these kinds of "holy shit what just happened" moves. Not that a slowly laid-on, you see it comin' triangle lacks its own special charm... but ya know...

A.D. McClish said...

Awesome motivation!! I need a good kick in the butt too to break some of the bad habits I got into while I was sick for a couple a weeks this month. Hope you feel better soon!