Saturday, February 27, 2010

New stripe, new sponsors...

Wooo! First I need to thank Phrost and Bullshido for sponsoring me just in time for the IBJJF Texas International Open tournament next weekend in Houston. Bullshido.net is a fantastic resource and forum, dedicated to rooting out frauds in the martial arts. I have participated in two of their investigations.. Richard Guerra (my review can be found here and their investigation here) and Larry Sanders (review here and report here.) A big shout-out also to Nick G. from the Bullshido forums who individually sponsored me with a little jingle in the paypal account... THANKS GUYS!

Second, got my second stripe today :)



Had a fantastic afternoon of training... Josh came up from San Antonio and taught some uberuseful stuff and then we had a really fun, challenging, insightful roll together. I was bummed that afterwards when we all went to the Rockin' Tomato for pizza, I was rabbitfooding it... but all this talk about gi weight and belt weight and frankly my ass weight has me nervous.

Wish IBJJF would update the durn website :)

See you in class tomorrow!

7 comments:

John said...

I got a stripe too. Hard to know when I'm improving because everyone else is too. My son also advanced (identical sub in both matches for both of us - me the leg triangle, Aidan the Kimura). Congrats. I'm rabbit fooding it too. Bummer.

Ricky Gamboa said...

Congratulations with the stripe! Wow! A sponsorship! I envy you.

Dev said...

Congrats, chica! Good luck in the tournament!

fenix said...

Congratulations on the new stripe. Oh, and the sponsorship, you lucky girl :-)

All the best!

Jadon Ortlepp said...

congrats!

slideyfoot said...

Cool! Must have missed that thread, if there was one: shall go have a look now.

Bullshido is without any doubt the best martial arts forum on the net. :)

Jason said...

Congraulations!